Thursday, October 8, 2009

An ode to Polaroid and The Impossible Project

O polaroid, how I love thee.
My love affair with polaroid started around age 6, when I got my first instant camera. I got rid of it...I don't know when or why, but I've recently gotten a new one, a OneStep autofocus that I'm bound to have lots and lots of good times with.
However, as a lot of you (assuming I have readers, which I don't) probably know, Polaroid's stopped the production of all of their instant film, which renders all of our ethereally lovely instant cameras useless if you're not willing to pay $20 for one box of film. I mean, I'm willing to pay that much, but it's a little bit of a stretch for anyone really.
This is exactly why you should support the Impossible Project.
The Impossible Project is an organization that's aiming to develop new instant film to work with our vintage Polaroids by 2010. They need as much support as they can get, so I urge anyone who's got any expertise in instant film to check it out at http://www.the-impossible-project.com/.
I know that had nothing whatsoever to do with fashion, but it doesn't matter. I'll do something later.
I'm going to beg anyone, anyone, who's read this to give me suggestions. What's something people are interested in hearing about in fashion, hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment