Sunday, October 11, 2009

Alexander McQueen Spring 2010

Alexander McQueen always blows me away. The house never fails to send shivers down my spine and make me gape in disbelief. Every collection is like a mini celebration. The end.
To quote Rachel Zoe: I. Die.
I am in love. The beautiful construction, the excess of textures, the watercolors, even the fishscales. Really wearable art. I only have good things to say. Frank Lloyd Wright couldn't construct houses anywhere near as beautiful as these pieces. Now, it's not like Alexander McQueen doesn't always deliver (it does), but this...this is something. I'd glanced earlier, thought it was gorgeous, but was reminded by a friend about it and gave it another look. Obsessed. So, I commend the designers at Alexander McQueen, even though they probably don't really care at all.
Love, Kasia

P.S. I also commend the models for somehow balancing on these ten-inch monsters.

Ooooh....lovely.

2 comments: